The meter comes with a #2032, 3-volt, lithium battery installed. It provides power for about 1000 tests.
- When appears on the display, the battery is low.
- When appears, the meter may fail to turn on.
- When you are ready to install a new battery, remove the old battery and install the new battery within 60 seconds to avoid losing time and date settings.
- If time and date settings are lost, both time 12:00 and date 00-00 will flash until reset. Reset time and date to get the correct 7-, 14-, and 30-day averages. If the time and date settings are lost, you may still perform an accurate blood glucose test.
- Memory log and previously stored user settings, such as date and time format, are not affected by removing the battery.